Subject Area: Film
This course teaches students the basic techniques and vocabulary for ‘reading’ and analysing individual films. It also provides a framework for understanding the social and cultural importance of cinema as an institution.
By the end of this course, students will be better skilled in:
- Watching, describing and explaining films.
- Reading and critically assessing academic literature on films and cinema.
- Researching, drafting, editing and writing an academic essay.
- Tutorial Presentation and Participation: 10%
- Reading Log (two submissions during semester) 30%
- Sequence Analysis 30%
- Essay 30%