Students must complete 96 UOC as a standalone program.
The program currently comprises two streams which include:
- 36 UoC professional development electives (all fourth year BE Honours courses) - disciplinary courses
- 30 UoC postgraduate specialisation electives - advanced disciplinary courses
- 12 UoC engineering and technical management
- 12 UoC compulsory postgraduate project - research/capstone, advanced disciplinary
- 6 UoC compulsory postgraduate design course - design, advanced disciplinary
- 60 days of industrial training in the relevant discipline.