Students must complete 72 UOC as a standalone program.
1. Compulsory courses (18 UOC)
2. Prescribed elective courses (30 UOC)
3. Extension research project and elective courses (24 UOC)
Academic Practice: International Students
Academic Practice: International Students description.
International students from non-English speaking countries enrolled in the full time program in Sydney (Kensington campus) are required to take the following additional preparatory course in their first semester. This course is available for all students to assist to gain maximum benefit from their study. The course is made available at no charge to students and does not contribute to the UOC requirements of the degree.
Prescribed Electives description.
Students must take at least 36 UOC, up to a maximum of 48 UOC of the following courses.
Students may also apply to the Program Director to be allowed to replace up to 12 UOC of prescribed course electives with a 6 UOC Independent Study (PHCM9103) or 6 UOC Internship (PHCM9143).
EXTENSION PROJECT AND COURSEWORK ELECTIVES
EXTENSION PROJECT AND COURSEWORK ELECTIVES description.
Students must take one of the following options to complete the extension component of their program (24UOC):
- 6 UOC research project and 3 additional prescribed elective courses (18 UOC); or
- 12 UOC research project and 2 additional prescribed elective courses (12UOC); or
- 18 UOC major research project and 1 additional prescribed elective course (6 UOC).
Part-time students can complete the 12 UOC Project (PHCM9144) part time by enrolling in PHCM9145 (6 UOC) in two consecutive terms or the 18 UOC Major Project (PHCM9150) by enrolling in PHCM9151 (9UOC) in two consecutive terms or PHCM9152 (6 UOC) in three consecutive terms.