Double Degree Structure
Students must complete 240 UOC.
Bachelor of Music (Honours) (144 UOC)
1. Musicology Core (30 UOC)
2. Musicianship Core (24 UOC)
3. Performance Laboratory Core (36 UOC)
4. Stream Gateway Course (6 UOC)
5. Stream Courses (12 UOC)
6. Research thesis and/or Creative Practice Project (36 UOC)
Bachelor of Science (96 UOC)
1. An approved Bachelor of Science major; and
2. Science elective courses
Students must complete at least one Science major selected from the list below. Students should declare their major prior to commencing Stage 2 courses.
1. Students in 4076 Science/Education can only choose from the following majors: Biology, Chemistry, Ecology, Geography, Mathematics for Education, Pathology, Physics, Physiology. All other majors in 3970 are not permitted.
2.Students are not permitted to take the Bioinformatics major BINFB1 when taking the degree in dual award mode with the Bachelor of Engineering (Bioinformatics) program.
Students may choose to complete an optional minor in one of the following areas, using their Science and/or free electives. Please note that students in 4076 Science Education are NOT permitted to declare a minor.
Level 1 Core Courses
Level 2 Core Courses
Level 3 Core Courses
Level 3 Core Courses description.
You must take 12 UOC of the following courses.
*Note: MUSC3706 Performance Lab C (12 UOC) (Music Creative Practice and Music Pedagogy Streams only)
Performance Lab courses MUSC3705 & MUSC3706 (12 UOC) are multi-term courses taught at 4 UOC each term.