Double Degree Structure
Students must complete 192 UOC.
Bachelor of Commerce (96 UOC)
1. Compulsory core courses (24 UOC)
2. Flexible core courses (24 UOC)
3. Major requirements (48 UOC)
Bachelor of Science (96 UOC)
1. An approved Bachelor of Science major; and
2. Science elective courses
Business Majors description.
Major Requirements: 48 UOC in an approved disciplinary stream containing at least 18 UOC at level 3. (Note that the 48 UOC includes the first disciplinary course(s) in the Core (Compulsory or Flexible). This means that, for the majority of majors, students will complete 42 UOC in specified disciplinary courses outside the core, (except for the Real Estate Studies major.)
-The Business Law major (TABLA1) is not available to students enrolled in 4733 Commerce/Law.
- Commerce/Education (secondary) 3462 students can only choose one major from:
(a) Business Economics
(b) Financial Economics
(c) Business Strategy and Economic Management
Students must complete at least one Science major selected from the list below. Students should declare their major prior to commencing Stage 2 courses.
1. Students in 4076 Science/Education can only choose from the following majors: Biology, Chemistry, Ecology, Geography, Mathematics for Education, Pathology, Physics, Physiology. All other majors in 3970 are not permitted.
2.Students are not permitted to take the Bioinformatics major BINFB1 when taking the degree in dual award mode with the Bachelor of Engineering (Bioinformatics) program.
Students may choose to complete an optional minor in one of the following areas, using their Science and/or free electives. Please note that students in 4076 Science Education are NOT permitted to declare a minor.
Business Core Courses
Business Core Courses description.
Students must take 24 UOC of the following courses.
- Students in program Engineering, Advanced Mathematics, Science, Advanced Science and Computer Science combined with Commerce are not required to take ECON1203, as the requirements are being fulfilled by MATH courses within the non-commerce side of these programs. Hence students must complete another 6 UOC of UNSW Business School electives to fulfil the requirement for 96 UOC of UNSW Business School courses within this double degree.
- Students should select the MATH or PSYC course required for their Science major. If a Science major does not require a MATH or PSYC course (for example the Pathology and Vision Science majors) or if the Science major does not require one of the statistics courses listed above, students should complete ECON1203. MATH and PSYC count towards Science and ECON1203 count towards Commerce. If you have completed a Science course that excludes ECON1203, then you will need to study another 6UOC of UNSW Business School elective in order to meet the 96UOC from the Business School requirement.
Flexible Core Courses
Flexible Core Courses description.
Student must take at least 24 UOC of the following courses.
- Commerce/Law 4733 student are not permitted to take TABL1710. Please choose another flexible core.
- Commerce/Media (PR and Advertising) 3559, MARK1012 is a shared course between B com and B media, by default, MARK1012 will always count towards the Commerce component and students will need to complete another Media elective to make up the required UOC for the Media component study.