Double Degree Structure
Students must complete 264 UOC.
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (168 UOC)
1. 168 UOC plus at least 60 days of approved Industrial Training experience
2. At least 48 UOC Disciplinary Knowledge and Enquiry-based Courses
3. 30-42UOC Introductory Knowledge core courses
4. At least 12 UOC of elective courses
5. The balance of stream to consist of Foundation Disciplinary Knowledge Courses
Bachelor of Commerce (96 UOC)
1. Compulsory core courses (24 UOC)
2. Flexible core courses (24 UOC)
3. Major requirements (48 UOC)
Students must complete at least one of the specialisations below.
Business Majors description.
Major Requirements: 48 UOC in an approved disciplinary stream containing at least 18 UOC at level 3. (Note that the 48 UOC includes the first disciplinary course(s) in the Core (Compulsory or Flexible). This means that, for the majority of majors, students will complete 42 UOC in specified disciplinary courses outside the core, (except for the Real Estate Studies major.)
-The Business Law major (TABLA1) is not available to students enrolled in 4733 Commerce/Law.
- Commerce/Education (secondary) 3462 students can only choose one major from:
(a) Business Economics
(b) Financial Economics
(c) Business Strategy and Economic Management
Business Core Courses
Business Core Courses description.
Students must take 24 UOC of the following courses.
- Students in program Engineering, Advanced Mathematics, Science, Advanced Science and Computer Science combined with Commerce are not required to take ECON1203, as the requirements are being fulfilled by MATH courses within the non-commerce side of these programs. Hence students must complete another 6 UOC of UNSW Business School electives to fulfil the requirement for 96 UOC of UNSW Business School courses within this double degree.
- Students should select the MATH or PSYC course required for their Science major. If a Science major does not require a MATH or PSYC course (for example the Pathology and Vision Science majors) or if the Science major does not require one of the statistics courses listed above, students should complete ECON1203. MATH and PSYC count towards Science and ECON1203 count towards Commerce. If you have completed a Science course that excludes ECON1203, then you will need to study another 6UOC of UNSW Business School elective in order to meet the 96UOC from the Business School requirement.
Flexible Core Courses
Flexible Core Courses description.
Student must take at least 24 UOC of the following courses.
- Commerce/Law 4733 student are not permitted to take TABL1710. Please choose another flexible core.
- Commerce/Media (PR and Advertising) 3559, MARK1012 is a shared course between B com and B media, by default, MARK1012 will always count towards the Commerce component and students will need to complete another Media elective to make up the required UOC for the Media component study.