Double Degree Structure
Students must complete 216 UOC.
Bachelor of Science (96 UOC)
1. An approved Bachelor of Science major; and
2. Science elective courses
Bachelor of Social Research & Policy (96 UOC)
1. Social Research and Policy core (54 UOC);
2. Prescribed Social Research and Policy elective (6 UOC);
3. An approved major stream from the Bachelor of Social Research and Policy (60 UOC)
Students must complete at least one Science major selected from the list below. Students should declare their major prior to commencing Stage 2 courses.
1. Students in 4076 Science/Education can only choose from the following majors: Biology, Chemistry, Ecology, Geography, Mathematics for Education, Pathology, Physics, Physiology. All other majors in 3970 are not permitted.
2.Students are not permitted to take the Bioinformatics major BINFB1 when taking the degree in dual award mode with the Bachelor of Engineering (Bioinformatics) program.
Students may choose to complete an optional minor in one of the following areas, using their Science and/or free electives. Please note that students in 4076 Science Education are NOT permitted to declare a minor.
Major specialisations description.
Students complete 60 UOC from any of the Internal or *External streams below. Students must declare their major at the time of enrolment into Level 2.
Note on external streams
*Human Resource Management, *International Business, and *Marketing: Students who choose any of these streams are required to complete 12 UOC of Prescribed Arts and Social Sciences Electives.
Level 1 Core Courses
Level 2 Core Courses
Level 3 Core Courses
Social Research & Policy Prescribed Elective
Social Research & Policy Prescribed Elective description.
Students take 6 UOC from the following list of courses.
Note: Students may take other courses with the approval of the Program Convenor.