Double Degree Structure
Students must complete 192 UOC.
Bachelor of Education (96 UOC)
1. Education Core (66 UOC)
2. Prescribed Education method electives (24 UOC)
3. Prescribed Education electives (6 UOC)
Bachelor of Commerce (96 UOC)
1. Compulsory core courses (24 UOC)
2. Flexible core courses (24 UOC)
3. Major requirements (48 UOC)
Business Majors description.
Major Requirements: 48 UOC in an approved disciplinary stream containing at least 18 UOC at level 3. (Note that the 48 UOC includes the first disciplinary course(s) in the Core (Compulsory or Flexible). This means that, for the majority of majors, students will complete 42 UOC in specified disciplinary courses outside the core, (except for the Real Estate Studies major.)
-The Business Law major (TABLA1) is not available to students enrolled in 4733 Commerce/Law.
- Commerce/Education (secondary) 3462 students can only choose one major from:
(a) Business Economics
(b) Financial Economics
(c) Business Strategy and Economic Management
Business Core Courses
Business Core Courses description.
Students must take 24 UOC of the following courses.
- Students in program Engineering, Advanced Mathematics, Science, Advanced Science and Computer Science combined with Commerce are not required to take ECON1203, as the requirements are being fulfilled by MATH courses within the non-commerce side of these programs. Hence students must complete another 6 UOC of UNSW Business School electives to fulfil the requirement for 96 UOC of UNSW Business School courses within this double degree.
- Students should select the MATH or PSYC course required for their Science major. If a Science major does not require a MATH or PSYC course (for example the Pathology and Vision Science majors) or if the Science major does not require one of the statistics courses listed above, students should complete ECON1203. MATH and PSYC count towards Science and ECON1203 count towards Commerce. If you have completed a Science course that excludes ECON1203, then you will need to study another 6UOC of UNSW Business School elective in order to meet the 96UOC from the Business School requirement.
Level 1 Core Courses
Level 2 Core Courses
Level 3 Core Courses
Level 3 Core Courses description.
You must take 18 UOC of the following courses:
Note: In order to be eligible for EDST6760 Professional Experience 1 students must have completed the prerequisite courses and participation and enrolment requirements for EDST6760, and sufficient subject content knowledge in their first and second teaching specialisations (methods areas). Typically, students will need to have completed 24 UOC in an appropriate minor (12 UOC at level 1 and 12 UOC at level 2 or above), and a minimum of 24 UOC in an appropriate major (12 UOC at level 1 and 12 UOC at level 2 or above).
Level 4 Core Courses
Level 4 Core Courses description.
You must take 18 UOC of the following courses.
Please note that EDST6765 cannot be studied concurrently with another course.
Note: In order to be eligible for EDST6765 Professional Experience 2/Internship students must have completed the prerequisite courses and participation and enrolment requirements for EDST6765, and the appropriate subject content knowledge in their first and second teaching specialisations (methods areas). Typically, students will need to have completed 24 UOC in an appropriate minor (12 UOC at level 1 and 12 UOC at level 2 or above), and a minimum of 36 UOC in an appropriate major (maximum 12 UOC at level 1 and at least 12 UOC at level 3 or above).
Successful completion of the NESA Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students (LANTITE) test will be recorded as two zero credit courses, EDST6600 LANTITE (Literacy) and EDST6601 LANTITE (Numeracy) on your academic record.
You must complete the LANTITE test before enrolling in EDST2002 Professional Engagement.
Flexible Core Courses
Flexible Core Courses description.
Student must take at least 24 UOC of the following courses.
- Commerce/Law 4733 student are not permitted to take TABL1710. Please choose another flexible core.
- Commerce/Media (PR and Advertising) 3559, MARK1012 is a shared course between B com and B media, by default, MARK1012 will always count towards the Commerce component and students will need to complete another Media elective to make up the required UOC for the Media component study.
Prescribed Education Methods
Prescribed Education Methods description.
You must take four single method courses in two areas of specialisation (24 UOC), taking 12 UOC per term. The specialisations are:
4076 Sci/Ed (Sec) - Science, Physics, Earth & Environmental Science, Geography, Chemistry, Biology, Chemistry/Biology, Mathematics, Extension Mathematics
4063 Fine Arts/Ed (Sec) – Visual Arts, Visual Arts Extension
4064 Media Arts/Ed (Sec) - Graphics & Multimedia Technology, Visual Arts
4066 Design/Ed (Sec) - Graphics & Multimedia Technology, Visual Arts, Extension Visual Arts
3462 Comm/Ed (Sec) & 4058 Econ/Ed (Sec) - Business Studies, Economics