Students must complete 168 UOC.
Level 1 Core Courses
Level 1 Core Courses description.
Students must take 42 UOC of the following courses.
Note: COMP1511 is the preferred computing course for the MTRN Stream.
Level 2 Core Courses
Level 3 Core Courses
Level 4 Core Courses
Disciplinary Electives description.
Students must take at least 6 UOC from the following courses, and may take more subject to available UOC
Students may select disciplinary electives from other streams within the BE(Hons) program subject to approval of the Head of School.
School approval is required prior to enrolment in the following postgraduate level courses - *MANF6860, *MANF9400,*MANF9420, *MANF9472,*MECH9325,*MECH9420, *MECH9650, *MECH9720
Level 1 Prescribed Electives
Level 1 Prescribed Electives description.
Students can take up to a maximum of 12 UOC of the following courses.
- Students take ENGG1300 and ELEC1111 as Level 1 Core and are not required to take further Level 1 electives and may choose to substitute L1 electives for higher level electives later in the program.
- ENGG1300 excludes CVEN1300, MINE1300, and MMAN1300.
- CHEM1031 and CHEM1041 will only be available to students enrolled in a program which has a Chemistry major.
Research Thesis Rule
Research Thesis Rule description.
• Research thesis is optional to all Undergraduate students.
• Student must seek a primary supervisor from the School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, UNSW.
• MMAN4951, MMAN4952 and MMAN4953 must be undertaken in three consecutive terms which are the final three terms of candidature.
• A student must not enrol in more than a standard full-time load involving MMAN4951, MMAN4952 and MMAN4953.
• A single thesis project is commenced in MMAN4951, proceed to MMAN4952, and completed in MMAN4953.
• MMAN4951, MMAN4952, MMAN4953 are graded courses. MMAN4951 carries 10% of the total thesis mark, MMAN4952 carries 20% of the total thesis mark, MMAN4953 carries 70% of the total thesis mark (for Honours weighting purposes).
• If a student receives a failure (FL) in MMAN4951, MMAN4952, or MMAN4953 a student cannot proceed to the next Research Thesis course and must reattempt MMAN4951, or discontinue Research Thesis.
• If the project is abandoned during MMAN4951, MMAN4952 and MMAN4953, a completely new topic must be chosen, and the student must enrol again in MMAN4951 or discontinue with Research Thesis.
Practical/Industry-based Thesis Rule
Practical/Industry-based Thesis Rule description.
• Practical/Industry-based Thesis is compulsory to all Undergraduate students who do not wish to conduct Research Thesis.
• MMAN4010, MMAN4020 must be undertaken in two consecutive terms which are the final two terms of candidature.
• A student must not enrol in more than a standard full-time load involving MMAN4010 and MMAN4020
• A single thesis project is commenced in MMAN4010 and completed in MMAN4020.
• MMAN4010 and MMAN4020 are graded course, MMAN4010 carries 25% of the total thesis mark, and MMAN4020 carries 75% of the total thesis mark (for Honours weighting purposes).
• If a student receives a failure (FL) in MMAN4010, a student cannot proceed with MMAN4020, and must reattempt MMAN4010.
• If the project is abandoned during MMAN4010 or MMAN4020, a completely new topic and project team must be chosen and the student must enrol again in both MMAN4010 and MMAN4020.